Saturday, December 11, 2010 | By: k8lin

Fistful of Mercy

Okay so clearly I was so caught up in the excitement of Thanksgiving break a few weeks ago that I completely for got to post about this amazing experience I had in Philadelphia. My parents and I drove down to Philly the day after I got home for break, to go see Fistful of Mercy perform live at Temple University.

For those of you who are not familiar with the group,
 Fistful of Mercy is a musical group consisting of Dhani Harrison, Joseph Arthur and Ben Harper. They are a newly formed group who has just released their new album "As I Call You Down," and are currently on their first tour. These three musicians who I admire so much have created this super group, with it's own unique sound.

The concert in Philly was very intimate, with about 200 people there. Alain Johannes, a phenomenal up and coming guitarist was the opening act. When Fistful came on stage they opened up with the song,  The band played every song off of their new album as well as some of their individual works.


However, my favorite part of the concert was the very last song when the band performed, "With Whom You Belong," which is a song about finding friends and love and holding on to it and keeping it close once you find it. It is a very inspirational song with a very deep meaning. When performing the song, they asked the audience to join in and eventually the whole audience was singing along. It was this great moment where the audience became one community of people. I created this great feeling in the entire room. It was amazing.

After the concert was finished I was fortunate enough to meet the band and have them sign my poster. They are such warm and loving people and are so grateful to all of their fans. For me, meeting Dhani Harrison almost made me cry, because as most of you may know his father, George Harrison, is not only my favorite Beatle, but my all time favorite musician. The night was one that I will never forget.

"Father's Son" and original song by : Fistful of Mercy 



Tata for now!


0 comments:

Post a Comment